I write myself the best notes
Tonight’s mission is to go through all the little scraps and scribbles in dozens of notebooks, and organize them into useful, cloud-housed documents.
In the attempt to keep the creativity flowing and the productivity materializing, I’m constantly jotting thoughts. Sometimes they go on a post-it, then into my pocket, to make it to my desk that night and get integrated into a project, or crossed off the to-do list. Other times they wind up on a napkin tucked into a little notebook in a shoebox under the bed.
A few years later, without context, some of those notes are pretty random. I can’t necessarily even tell any more what was a story idea and what was a to-do list. Do please let me know if you think you can decipher any of these, my favorite, now context-less scribbles to myself:
- “Get heads lined and floating”
- “mythical state of Jefferson LA Michael Bell Gina tennis shoes”
- “Why though? Doesn’t make sense?” (This was on a page with a sketch of a tree and a skyscraper, and an arrow pointing back and forth between the two.)
- “MIBYKaI: bugs start mating, kids think they’re fighting.”
- “Black Coffe, Robe, contracts, ref. pic.”
- “Mission statement… in bed.”
- “Frozen Angry Face | Frozen Angry Face | Norma Desmon to the camera | Frozen Angry Face”
and my favorite:
- “investigate jetpack options”